The ability to learn practically anything online is one thing, but being able to do it in a way that’s going to speak to you is another. Udemy is one of those online platforms that’s changed the way people learn and is creating a world where people can arm themselves with the skills they need.
However, knowledge doesn’t always come free. Not the type of knowledge that’s presented to you in a way that makes it easy to absorb and apply. There’s a cost involved, though not in all cases. People who are interested in using Udemy shouldn’t let the cost of a course be a deterrence to them at all. There are Udemy free coupons out there that can enable you to drastically decrease the cost of learning online assuming it isn’t already free.
Do Udemy Free Coupons Mean the Courses are Bad?
The quality of instruction you’re going to receive with any course on Udemy you take is going to vary. However, there are provisions in place to ensure users get the type of quality they are looking for:
- Online course providers must maintain a certain level of quality for their material otherwise they will struggle to keep a high review rating. Low review rating makes it tough to gain enough of a following to build a large audience on the platform.
- Instructors typically have to list why they are qualified to teach what they are teaching. Listing their qualifications on the subject gives reassurance to users. You have people with real-world experience, high levels of education such as advanced degrees from Universities and people who are already well known in their field.
- Instructors must be willing to engage and resolve any issues a user might have with the teaching. The goal here is to make sure a student is satisfied with the quality of instruction they are getting. For instructors who value good reviews and rating, it’s very important to avoid negative feedback.
The fact that you would use a Udemy free coupon doesn’t change any of the above. What it does do is provide additional benefit to users who fall into different categories such as the following:
- Users who want to take a high-level course using Udemy, but are resistant due to the price. It’s not that they don’t believe in the quality of instruction they would get, but the price might still be too much for them upfront to invest. A Udemy free coupon can lower the resistance to sign on by lowering the upfront investment required.
- Users who want to test out the quality of instruction they would get from a specific instructor or provider. These are people who might be ready to sign on for multiple courses with the same instructor/provider but want an idea of what this persons teaching style is before committing. A discount coupon makes it easy to simply test things out for a low cost.
- Users who just might not have the money, but are serious about learning a skill or gaining some practical knowledge to enhance their life. Not wanting to invest in themselves isn’t a problem. It might be living in a part of the world where every dollar is vital. A Udemy free coupon can help by giving such users access at a minimal cost.
With all of that said, for people who want to make use of the site to get discounts they first have to know how to find them. This isn’t always easy. If you develop the skill to find Udemy free coupons on your own, then you’ll always be able to make savings. So what we’ve done is create a guide to help you in this regard.
By the time you’re done reading this, you should know how to find the discounts you need for whatever course you want to take on the site.
What is Udemy and Why It’s So Useful?
There are people out there who haven’t heard of Udemy, so these people are who we’re going to focus on in this section of the guide. Below we’ve laid out what Udemy is to make it as easy as possible to gain an understanding of just how powerful of a resource they are:
- A place where users around the world can gain access to 24/7 personal instruction using tutors and experts. These are people who are very knowledgeable in their field and can help you to learn practically anything you want. What’s even better is that they don’t assume you already know all the basics. Special care is taken to make the material as comprehensible as possible.
- Udemy enables people to learn subjects in a very linear and practical way. The experts and tutors on the site are very personable and patient as well. Lessons can be absorbed quickly because the information can be consumed as many times as needed to ensure a user learns what they want to know.
- The instruction provided on the site comes at a cost that is minimal if not free. Yes, some of the courses cost more money, but with a little effort, you can find discount coupons online. These are going to be advanced courses and are usually for high-level skills that involve practical application — think of Day Trading for example. This is why a Udemy free coupon would help in this case.
- Udemy offers a wide variety of different courses for people to take part in. There are lots of main categories as well as subcategories, so users never have to worry about there being a shortage of something they want to learn.
- Courses are made to be self-paced. The constant availability means that students can stop and reabsorb any material they need to as many times as required by them. In this way, students can truly master the material before moving on. Not only this, but users have lifetime access to the subject matter once they’ve paid for it.
- With most of the courses offered, there’s a discussion board where students can write comments, ask questions or raise issues that they might have. Instructors and other students will be able to see it and respond to them.
As you can see Udemy is a complete online resource for learning practically any skill you want, from instructors around the world, who are highly knowledgeable. The cost is low, there are no requirements for a person to take part in any course, and there’s even a money-back guarantee that’s for about 30 days. What we want to focus on now is Udemy free coupons, why they are offered and how you can find them for yourself.
Why Offer Udemy Free Coupons?
To give you an idea of where you can find Udemy free coupons first we should tell you why they are offered. This is important because we want you to know the true value of these coupons. First, understand that they aren’t offered for any of the following reasons:
Because an instructor/provider doesn’t value what they are offering – On this platform, the goal is to set yourself apart and gain the trust of those who would rely on you for instruction. So a great deal of time, effort and money is put into creating good material.
Because someone wants to promote something else – This is a model where the goal is to offer you something cheap upfront with the aim of selling you something more expensive later. So the content on the frontend isn’t always going to provide much value. Yes, providers/instructors on Udemy can offer additional services, but the material you pay for is going to be value-packed.
Because an instructor/provider is trying to go with a compete-on-price model – Even if someone doesn’t have the same credentials as someone else on Udemy, this doesn’t mean they will charge less for their material. The thinking is if a student truly wants to learn a skill or information, then they’ll be willing to pay for it. And if they get a discount then this is just a bonus.
Here are the reasons why free coupons are offered:
To get reviews from students – These days we live in a social world, where everyone wants to know what someone else is saying about a product or service before they buy it. On a platform such as Udemy, this is critical. Instructors who don’t have reviews are at a serious competitive disadvantage. Offering Udemy free coupons is a way to help get those reviews and increase social proof and credibility.
To improve upon course material offered – It’s one thing to offer a Udemy free coupon to get a review, but what’s the purpose of this review for the creator besides credibility and social proof? Well, one thing is to get feedback or what we like to call rapid feedback. Whenever there is an issue someone has with the material being offered, then this gives an instructor a chance to make corrections so that they can improve it quickly. This also shows that they value the feedback from students.
To create an incentive to sign on – Once again this doesn’t mean that a provider doesn’t value their coursework the same as someone else, but Udemy free coupons can be used to push a potential user who is on the fence in one direction or another. If a user deems two final options to be about the same, then a discount offer might be what makes them go with one or the other. It can provide a serious competitive advantage.
One thing needs to be noted here. If you do get a Udemy free coupon and intend to leave a review, then it’s important that your feedback is as honest as possible. Instructors/providers can’t improve upon their models if they aren’t getting honest feedback. It helps not only them but other students as well, and in this way, it adds value for everyone. It also ensures that in the future such coupons will continue to be given because with honest feedback from students they become a good investment or loss leader.
How to Get Udemy Free Coupons?
Finding Udemy free coupons doesn’t have to be tough at all. There are a variety of places you can go or methods you can use. First, let’s state the obvious places where you can find them.
Most of the above, except perhaps the last option, will provide you with a wealth of information. This is going to come in the form of users who will leave the information on where you can find them if not giving you specific links.
There are other methods though:
Dedicated websites – The key here is to find one that’s not going to let you down. You will also want to make sure that a website you use to find these codes is one that’s updated on a frequent basis. Udemy free coupons you can find in different places will have expiration dates that can be very short.
Search engines – To properly use search engines to look for these coupons you need to know the right search terms to use. You should use search terms such as “Udemy free coupons” “Where to find Udemy free coupons” Udemy coupon codes”, etc. Different variations of these will uncover varying results as well. It will also provide you with an idea of what forums you might be able to focus on to find what you need.
Directly from instructors – Once you have already used a coupon with a particular instructor, then you need to ask them directly where you might be able to find discounts. Some will offer them while others might not. It never hurts to ask though. Finding an active forum for Udemy where you can ask about certain subjects will provide a lot of value here.
Udemy itself – When you sign up for the site they can provide you with updates and information about the latest discount offers you can get. When you show interest in particular subjects or signup for them, then Udemy can send you information about getting discounts for related material in the future. One way to work this angle is to find a free course in your given area of interest.
There is one thing we advise against doing to keep the site honest. You can get Facebook and Twitter information about a given instructor and then contact them directly. Some people will do this just to inquire about discounts, but some will offer to leave a 5-star review if an instructor provides them with a 100% free coupon code.
This practice should be avoided because if too many people did this, it would mean students couldn’t trust what was said. Providing that coupon codes aren’t already offered, contacting an instructor via Facebook or some other social media platform should only be done to ask about a discount or information on the course being offered. It should never be done as a means to bribe a discount out of an instructor.
How Available Are Udemy Free Coupons?
Understand that even though instructors/providers will offer Udemy free coupons, you can’t expect for them to be available in abundance all the time. Scarcity is also a marketing tactic, and it will be used. You must understand that only so many free codes are given out, and once they are gone for a given course, then you can’t be sure of finding another one too soon. You have to be proactive about finding these discounts and serious about using them. The availability is limited for sure.
Udemy free coupons may be either limited by the number available or by the date they expire.
The main problem that you’re going to run into trying to find Udemy free coupons is being able to trust the source you would use. You’ll want to cut through all the fat and get to the meat right away. The best way to do this is to find one good source you can rely on and signup for any updates and notifications that you can. When you do this, it becomes much easier to ensure you get what you want.
Udemy certainly offers a wealth of information and instruction to anyone who wants it. It’s self-paced and user-friendly. Getting discounts is just a bonus, and even when you can’t find one, this should not deter you from using the site. Chances are even if you can’t get what you need at the moment discount wise, then in the future, an opportunity will come up, and it might be even better than you were hoping. In the meantime being proactive is the best strategy to ensure that you’re the early bird that gets the worm.
I hope you’ve found this complete guide to Udemy free coupons useful and wish you well in your constant quest for greater knowledge. If you have any suggestions or improvements then please feel free to get in touch by using our contact page.